The following is a list of items to be used as a guideline in the placement of items for collection. The brush/trash items must be placed within six feet of the roadway and in front of the residence from which it came. Garbage containers should also be placed in the same manner. All items for brush/trash and garbage pick up should be placed at the road by 6:00 a.m. on the respective collection day in accordance with city ordinance.
The large green garbage container provided by the City is for household waste only. This does not include cat litter or any such item or any item listed for brush/trash pick up. (Please refer to the list below.)
THIS LIST APPLIES TO RESIDENTS ONLY – NO BUSINESS COLLECTION:
Muscle Shoals Public Works 256-386-9250
BRUSH AND RUBBISH: (These items are for brush pickup only and should not be placed in the garbage container that has beenfurnished for household waste only.) Brush should be placed within 6 feet ofthe right of way in front of the residence away from mailboxes, guide wires, orany other situation that may compromise the reach or height of the knuckle boom.
DO NOT PLACE ON STORM WATER/CATCH BASIN LIDS!
SIDEWALK PLACEMENT – IF THERE IS A SIDEWALK IN THEAREA WHERE BRUSH AND TRASH IS PLACED PLEASE PLACE ITEMS BEHIND THE SIDEWALK BUTAS CLOSE TO THE SIDEWALK AS POSSIBLE. IFTHE BOOM IS UNABLE TO REACH THE PILE THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPT. WILL WORK WITHRESIDENTS TO FIND AN AREA CONVENIENT FOR PLACEMENT OF BRUSH AND TRASH.
· Yard debris suchas shrubs or trimmings, all leaves and grass clippings that are bagged orboxed, tree brush that has been placed by the residents. (NOCONTRACTOR, LAWN/SHRUB SERVICE, TREE TRIMMERS’ DEBRIS, ETC., WORK WILL BEPICKED UP!) All limbs or trees mustbe 6 to 8 feet maximum in length. Yarddebris also includes any large quantity of fruit such as apples or pears,garden waste such as corncobs, rotten vegetables, etc., which should be baggedor boxed. (Any large quantity of theseitems will overload the capacity of the green garbage containers.)
• Landscaping rocks or stone. (DOES NOT INCLUDE GRAVEL OR STONE FROM DRIVEWAYS.)
• Fencing that has been removed by the resident for repairjobs only. (DOESNOT INCLUDE FENCING REMOVED BY A CONTRACTOROR REMOVAL OF ENTIRE FENCE.).
· Building materialthat does not change the structure or appearance of the OUTSIDE of the residence or any changes to the OUTSIDE of any out building. THIS PERTAINS TO JOBS DONE BY THE RESIDENT ONLY!
· Animal litter(cats, dogs, rabbits, etc.) or any other such item that is bagged or boxed.
· Used syringesthat are placed in a sealable container such as a milk jug.
· Old butane orpropane bottles, fire extinguishers, fluorescent bulbs, or any like items.
· Plate glass, oldwindowpanes, large mirrors, or any other such glass. These items need to be boxed and broken into smallerpieces to avoid shattering glass on the ground.
ITEMS NOT PICKED UP BY THE BRUSH AND TRASH TRUCKS:
· No householdgarbage
· No yard debrisincluding trimming or cutting from trees done by a contractor or lawnservice. ANY CONTRACTOR WHO CUTS OR TRIMS TREES FOR ANY RESIDENT IS RESPONSIBLEFOR HAULING ALL DEBRIS FROM THE PREMISES. ANY RESIDENT WHO DOES NOT MAKE SURE THAT THE CONTRACTOR HAULS THE DEBRISFROM THE RESIDENCE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HAULING THE DEBRIS THEMSELVES. (For any questions concerning a contractor’slicense please contact the Building/License Department at 256-386-9205.)
· No grass or smallyard debris that has not been bagged or boxed.
· No buildingmaterials from construction of new homes or additions to any existing residenceor out building. This includes anyremodeling which may include shutters, blocks, bricks, decking, siding,gutters, or roofing materials installed by the resident or contractor on theresidence or out building. THIS INCLUDES ANY OR ALL OF THE ABOVEMATERIALS THAT HAVE BEEN REMOVED OR THE DEMOLITION OF ANY OR ALL OF AN EXISTINGSTRUCTURE DONE BY THE RESIDENT OR ANY CONTRACTOR.
· No commercial orbusiness areas.
· No wooden pallets(sod, construction materials, etc.) unless resident approves pickup of pallets.
· No debris from anexisting residence placed on a vacant lot; no debris placed on a vacant lotthat has been cleared from a vacant lot.
· No dirt, rocks,sand, or concrete (excludes landscaping rock or stone).
· No items thathave been pushed into a pile by heavy equipment or machinery.
• No automotive or truck fuel tanks or large auto parts.
County Landfill Address 1750 Cane Creek Road
Revised August 2022