Welcome to Muscle Shoals, Alabama!
The city leaders of Muscle Shoals welcome you to our web site, and hope that you find your visit informative and useful. We are located in Northwest Alabama along the Tennessee River in a two county region known as the Shoals. Since the city of Muscle Shoals was founded in 1923, it has been recognized nationally for the Tennessee Valley Authority, and "Muscle Shoals music". Today, Muscle Shoals is a thriving town in the heart of "The Shoals" and is known as a family-friendly place for our residents to live, work, and play. Muscle Shoals has an exceptional school system (grades K – 12). Northwest Shoals Community College, a two year insitutution, and the University of North Alabama, a four year institution, are available for those wishing to further their education.
The city also offers many opportunities for civic minded individuals including the Muscle Shoals Civitan Club, Muscle Shoals Education Foundation, Muscle Shoals Kiwanis Club, and the Shoals Area Optimist Club. There are also many opportunities for the young and old alike at the Muscle Shoals City Library, Muscle Shoals Senior Citizens Center, and the Muscle Shoals Park and Recreation facilities.
- City Council Work Session set for March 11th 5:30 pm, Cypress Lakes Banquet Room
- City Council Agenda - March 1, 2021
- Zoning Board of Adjustment meeting postponed
- Municipal court cancelled for February 18, 2021
- February 15, 2021 City Council meeting Postponed
- Recent Municipal Ordinances Adopted
- 2021 Rebuild Alabama Transportation plan approved
- 2021 Archives
- 2020 Archives
- 2019 Archives
- 2018 Archives
Thursday, March 11 2021
Monday, March 15 2021