City Council work session
5:00 pm City Hall auditorium
1. Interview Fire Chief candidate
2. Mr. Vinson Brewton, University of North Alabama
3. City Engineer's report
4. Agenda items
Regular Meeting Agenda
6:00 pm or upon the conclusion of the work session,
whichever is later
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of minutes: January 7, 2019 work session and regular meeting
3. Mayor’s comments:
4. Comments of the public
5. Reports of Officers:
6. Hearings on petitions, applications, appeals, communications, etc.
A. Public hearing proposed rezoning B-1 to B-2, NW corner 6th St. & John R
Owner: Anita Willis
B. Public hearing proposed rezoning R-3 to B-2, 512 W. Puritan Avenue
Owner: Stanley Sherrill
7. Financial Report
8. Resolutions, ordinances, orders & other business:
A. Selection of Fire Chief
B. Resolution - Mayor's appointment to Shoals Solid Waste Authority
C. Resolution - surplus vehicles (Public Works Department)
Zoning Board of Adjustment, 3 year term expiring December 2021.
Electric Board, 2 vacancies, 6 year terms expiring February, 2025.
Applications will be received until Friday, February 8, 2019 at 4:30pm. Applications are available at City Hall or online
by going to Administration and clicking on Board Information.